Christ Church CofE primary School has a compulsory school uniform and expects all of its pupils to wear it for the following reasons:
- It shows that the children are all part of the same community;
- It encourages pride in the school;
- It prevents discrimination and ostentatious affluence;
- It reduces arguments at home about what to wear each day;
- It makes recognition of pupils in public places much easier therefore making the pupils safer.
The school uniform for pupils is as follows:
- Navy blue school sweat shirt or cardigan ;
- White polo shirt or blouse;
- Black or grey trousers, skirts, shorts or pinafores – no leggings or skinny jeans;
- Black shoes or plain black trainers – all logos and trims must be black
- Blue gingham dress (Summer only)
- Dark socks or tights or plain white socks.
- Black school shoes
School sweatshirts and cardigans can be purchased from Initially Yours.
School PE Kit
The children must also have a school PE kit. This is worn instead of uniform on the days which they have PE. This consists of the following:
- Plain navy blue hoodie/sweatshirt
- Plain T shirt in your child’s house colour
- Plain navy blue tracksuit bottoms
- Plain navy blue or black shorts.
- Plain trainers
School PE kit with logo can be purchased from Initially Yours.
Jewellery is not allowed in school apart from a wrist watch. If children have pierced ears, a simple, plain stud should be worn.