At Christ Church we believe it is important for children to develop lifelong learning skills so that they are confident to tackle any problem that is thrown at them in the future. Therefore we are having a huge focus on learning skills this year, with every class focusing on one or two of the following each term:
- Team Workers – How well children can work as part of a team
- Creative Thinkers – Can children contribute ideas
- Reflective Learners – How well can children think about their learning and look for ways to improve
- Independent Enquires – How well can children research new topics and ask questions
- Self Managers – Can children organise themselves to learn effectively
- Effective Participants – How well do children join in and contribute to learning in the classroom
Each week in our celebration assembly we will give out certificates to children who demonstrate excellent learning skills based on their learning targets in class.